Churches must connect to people in maximum ways possible. In a world that relies on digital technology, what can be the best way to promote a church than designing a website? You will be surprised to know about the number of people who visit churches after checking a lucrative site.
However, designing a church’s site with the right elements is extremely essential. If the portal looks scruffy, visitors might think that the church is out of touch with people. In this post, we have ten tips for designing the perfect website for a church.
- Start with the domain name. Make sure that the name is easy to remember. If required, do not hesitate in paying for a premium domain.
- Hire a service. Spending on a reliable website builder for your church is a wise idea. Many companies deal in portals and apps for churches specifically, and you can expect to get great results for your requirements.
- Be specific. What kind of features do you want for the website? It is best to be clear with your designer, so as to get perfectly customized portal.
- Connect with other churches. Are you unsure of your website requirements? Checking other sites may come quite handy. Try to understand the ways to define and expand the objectives of the church, by learning from the community.
- Opt for simplicity. Like any other website, your church portal should be easy to understand and navigate. The features and other aspects should be neat and clear, within a well-defined interface.
- Discuss goals. Where do you see the website five years from now? Most sites need to be updated after few months, so it’s important to discuss the short and long-term goals with your designer.
- Seek support. If you are hiring a website design service, make sure that they offer dedicated support for updates and further development needs. It is vital to have a team that’s available for possible issues and concerns.
- Go mobile. More than 35% of all web searches come from mobile devices. Creating a responsive website is no longer a choice. If you want people to know about your church, you have to ensure compatibility across all devices.
- Keep testing. Once the website demo is ready, you will need to test it on different screen sizes to check if the features work in the way intended. Most visitors would be interested to know if the overall website has right functionalities.
- Consider SEO. Churches spread the message and love of Jesus, and you need to ensure enough exposure for the site to add to the objective. Make sure to invest in SEO and marketing for your website. The design team can help with on-page optimizations, but you should check for additional promotion needs. If required, plan a separate budget for the same. Don’t miss local SEO!
If you can keep these aspects in mind, designing a church portal should take more than a month. Check online right now to find a few trusted services.