Do you know that hackers globally steal a vast sum of money from big and small businesses by attacking their surveillance system and hacking their way into the company’s delicate details? In fact, the misuse isn’t curtailed to only monetary loss, hackers misuse the sensitive details about the customers and employees that further makes cybersecurity a greater cause in order to offer a safer workplace to employees as well as customers. Therefore, you must make your business equipped with all basic anti-hacking strategies to keep hackers out of your surveillance system.
What Are The Most Valuable Anti-Hacking Strategies That Can Help Businesses To Protect All Assets?
Amid many, it is the following 5 strategies that’ll give you an upper hand against hackers to protect your company. Read through to find out more!
- Buy software from companies like hikvision only since such companies keep updating all software related firmware so that your system doesn’t fall prey to bugs that hackers can use to gain secret entry within your surveillance system despite you have firewall and antivirus tools
- Remember that backdoor entry is the most common gateway that can allow hackers a free passage within your dvr system. Therefore, the dvr backdoor password shouldn’t be anything less than 20 characters. Besides, take professional help to encrypt the backdoor password to minimize the risk of a security breach
- Be aware to install only trusted antivirus tools that can flag harmful websites and send out warning marking suspicious emails before you open them. This is but the best way to keep your dvr clean from virus and malware that hackers usually slip inside secretly via emails
- It is recommended to take professional help for network testing and software testing frequently. Remember, network testing and software testing are the best ways to search the cloud storage and firmware to locate and eliminate all hidden bugs that are a serious threat to a company’s internal surveillance
- Monitor the activity of your employees to ensure that they aren’t indulging in unethical activities of trading sensitive data, knowingly or unknowingly. The one thing that you must do to reduce internal threat is limiting the authentication access to a few people only
- Invest in buying better surveillance cameras like the IP enabled cameras that are deemed safest when connected with the dvr system of the company. It is because they offer internal and external security of the premises and the infrastructure. Besides, you can remotely access them to keep an eye on everything going around in your company despite not being physically present